arthur meehan

the copenhagen fashion fair prestarted today, starting for real tomorrow. I did my usual shopping route in copenhagen today, checking out what my favourite shops has to offer of development in their range of brands, the decor etc. I stoped by Nørgaard paa Strøget and the first thing I noticed was this beautiful exhibiton by the photographer Arthur Meehan. wow!
Arthur Meehan Exhibition at Mads Nørgaard and Nørgaard Paa Strøget from 4th of August.
Award winning art photographer Arthur Meehan is showing a very personal exhibition in the shops at Amagertorv in Copenhagen.

About the exhibition Arthur Meehan says:


“The inspiration to make the work came from my moving to denmark with my wife and child and then my marriage broke up 2 weeks after we moved and the collages were done as a way to try and get out what was going through my mind and how to deal with the extreme loneliness  and heart break that I was feeling of being in a country with no family and very few friends. Most of the work was produced over the long dark winter days and nights. There is alot of writing from my diaries that span the last 8 years of my life that will go along with the photos. It is basically a mixed bag of photos and writing produced as a sort of goodbye to the past and letting go of a long love affaire and trying to move on to a new life with my daughter. In short its about love lost and hope for a new beginning.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

© m y n a k e d s t y l e All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger